I have shared with you previously how managing my life and business from a specific mission-focused perspective has enhanced my life, and also, how New York Times best selling author Laurie Beth Jones helped me clarify my mission. This week, I was thrilled to welcome Laurie Beth as my guest on Indie Business Podcast.
Laurie Beth is the author of The Four Elements of Success: A Simple Personality Profile that will Transform Your Team (and 15 other books … ) On my podcast, I went one-on-one with Laurie Beth to discover how she combines a life and a business mission into a cohesive whole, and how you can do the same.
To listen to my 30-minute interview with Laurie Beth, and to put her insights to work in your business now, click here. If you don't feel like listening right now, here is a high level summary of some of the things Laurie Beth and I discussed.
- Are you a “Spiritreneur”. Laurie Beth defines a Spiritreneur as those who can answer “yes” to these questions:
(1) are you doing work that honors God?
(2) are you doing work that honors your gifts and talents?
(3) are you making a living full-time doing that work?
If you answered, “yes” to all three, Laurie Beth defines you as a Spiritreneur.
- Understand your personality type. Laurie Beth analogizes the four physical elements of the universe to our personality types. The four elements are earth, wind, fire. Each, says Laurie Beth, is characterized by traits that are present in your personality. Knowing which elements are dominant and not dominant for you is key to creating your ultimate success.
Be sure to listen to his part of the show so you know the distinct characteristics of each element. It's very enlightening to see how Laurie Beth helps you, as she says, “Tap into the creativity of the universe.”
- Laurie Beth's mission statement formula. Laurie Beth offers a simple formula to help you create your life mission statement. She says to it should include “three verbs, a core value, and a tribe.” Think about how easy that is!
Using Laurie Beth's formula helped me craft my mission statement: to empower and encourage women to maximize their potential through small business ownership.
You can do the same, and I can tell you from personal experience that having this laser focus has made all the difference in my life and my business.
About Laurie Beth Jones
Laurie Beth is Laurie Beth Jones, management expert and business consultant extraordinaire, noticed that none of the personality/temperament profiles in the market today, none of them provided a tool that was simple, visual, intuitive, and powerful enough to create a shift in thinking as well as relating. So she developed The Path Elements Profile (PEP), which can be used in recruitment, placement, retention, team building, and customer relations as businesses transform many individuals into a harmonizing, humming force for good. Within the framework of the book will be scriptural examples as well as modern day business stories. Follow Laurie Beth on Twitter here, and check out her website here.
(I just noticed that some of Laurie Beth's downloads are 50% off. I'm not sure how long this will last, so head on over and grab yours now!)
How to Listen to the Show
This post contains my paraphrases of the information Laurie Beth shared. To hear it from the horse's mouth yourself, listen to the entire 30-minute show using one of these options:
- Download it on iTunes. (It can take up to a day for iTunes to feed my show there.)
- Click on the arrow at the bottom of this post to listen now!
- Because I have not had a chance to load all of my shows to this blog, you can listen to hundreds of interviews from 2005 to 2010, each one as relevant today as it was when I recorded it, at my Indie Business Radio site.
Question: Are you a Spiritreneur? How do you integrate your business and life mission to create a cohesive whole that serves others and accomplishes your own personal goals?