The vivifying sense of smell is our most powerful sense: just one whimsical whiff can mentally transport us from a hectic Zoom to the fresh and sun-splashed tides of a tropical getaway. By spritzing your living or workspace with the right fragrance, you can turn any room into a sensual sanctuary. Reed diffusers, mists, and…Details
“IBN is the best professional membership I have joined. The networking is great, the sharing of information is phenomenal, the teaching that Donna Maria brings is outstanding. I have learned the skills to take my business to the next level. It's a great group to join regardless of the site of your business.” ~ Cindy Jones, Ph.D, Colorado Aromatics
- A place to learn to make stuff
- It’s not an insurance company
- It’s not for hobbyists
- You are serious about your business
- You’re a product maker
- You want your business to grow
- You like connecting with people who get you
- You want to collaborate (not compete) with other makers
- You value American Made
- You believe in the power of entrepreneurship to transform your life
- You believe in the power of women to change the world
Donna Maria, IBN's founder and CEO, has been a source of ideas, inspiration, guidance, suggestions and advice for more years than I can remember. She is just, pure and simple, a resource you can NOT afford to ignore. And besides that, she shares her heart and soul with us…she is a constant reminder during all the stress and hard work fo creating and running your own business…that it's important to take time for you…time to nurture your spirit, time to laugh.
I've been a member of IBN for (it seems like) forever, through a lot of different incarnations as she has helped the organization and its members grow. I am so grateful for her friendship.
My membership to the Indie Business Network has been invaluable to my business! No other place will you find makers, who often make the same things, never competing against each other, but rather lifting each other up, helping each other, and supporting one another. It is truly a incredibly unique, and priceless dynamic that is hard to find other places. When I have a business or industry type of question, this group is the absolute first place I go for help and suggestions. The members are genuine, and are honestly a remarkable group of people. Donna Maria's vision for the network is progressive and inspiring! Very grateful for this group and how they have facilitated growth in my business.
Indie Business Network is THE place to be if you are an artisan/entrepreneur. I joined about 7 years ago (maybe more?) and it has consistently been the one thing that has made the biggest impact on both my business and my personal life. Donna Maria is a natural, effective, no-nonsense-yet-compassionate leader. Her guidance and wisdom WILL make you a better business owner and a better person. One of the aspects I most appreciate about Donna Maria and Indie Business Network is the principle that your business is to be woven into the fabric of your life, not the other way around. You as a person count more than your business, but business is never neglected. It's just that IBN gives you the tools and the mental framework to keep the various facets of business ownership in their proper places while you truly live out each day to you personal and professional potential. I can't imagine owning a business and not being a part of IBN.
As a business consultant for boutique spa owners, I recommend IBN constantly. This is THE go to resource for a plethora of sound business advice. From private sessions with Donna Maria (which I highly recommend – get your pen ready you fill pages in your notebook) to the essential Maker Mastermind groups and the step by step Indie Method (every business would benefit from starting here). The Facebook groups and challenges are lively, well thought out, and will drive you and your business to places you've never dreamed you would go. And you can get your product liability insurance here as well. Stellar combo!!
As a business owner, we have to make a lot of decisions…some of them good and some not so good. I have found that being a member of the Indie Business Network has been one of the BEST decisions I have made for my business. The leadership and mentoring that Donna Maria provides is truly priceless. Donna Maria has a natural ability to gently lead and guide you along your business journey. I have participated in multiple events/challenges that Indie Business Network has hosted and each time I come away with more knowledge and growth in my business. As a solo entrepreneur you are never alone when you are a member of IBN. I can truly say I have formed some friendships through this organization that I know will be life long friendships…that is an added benefit! Thank you Donna Maria for creating the Indie Business Network, I am honored to be a member of this fine organization.
I have known Donna Maria since 2006. She is a wellspring of knowledge and positive energy. When I thought about who I wanted to brainstorm with for the evolution of my business, Donna was at the top of the list. She brings her years of experience as a business person and her creativity as a maker with her. I only wish I had more time with her, which I will be doing in the near future. She help pull my different business offerings into different buckets. It clarified for me how I can communicate that to myself and others. I can wait to speak with her again because I know I am in solid hands! Thank you, Donna Maria.
- Product liability insurance. This is how you probably found us in your google search. Unlike going to your local insurance broker, who doesn’t have quite what you need (or can afford) we have affordable liability insurance specifically set up for you, the handmade product makers.
- CBD insurance coverage. As this niche industry grows, you need insurance coverage that works for you and the specific CBD products you make.
- Supportive network of like-minded handmade makers. You’re an individual, not one of a thousand fish caught in a net. We have the kind of member-driven support that works for you and your business. Plus…collaborative opportunities to promote your brand through social media, podcast and video.
- Entrepreneur training classes – live and recorded. From leadership training, opportunity to join Maker Mastermind, virtual co-working and accountability to live and on-demand wellness workshops – to keep you fit and sane – there’s a training to help you grow.
- Access to award winning entrepreneur Donna Maria – up close and personal. Since 2000, we have provided numerous tools, resources, and professional services designed to empower and to encourage the success of creative entrepreneurs.
All month, we've been introducing you to several of our black-owned business members. If you missed the first few introductions, you can catch them here and here. In today's final introduction installment, we're excited to share more. Check out these amazing black entrepreneurs who make really neat products and offer them to you online and…Details
Welcome to Episode 78 of the Indie Business Podcast! Today's Indie Story introduces you to Isabel Alvarez of Albisa Candles, in Los Angeles, California. Isabel makes candles that are reminiscent of her Cuban heritage. After the pandemic, Isabel hopes to hire outside help, but for now, it's truly a family business at Albisa, with Isabel…Details