Small and independent business owners are the most creative and innovative people I know, and of course, the best are IBN members! Not only are they fantastic, but so are their products. Like a proud mama, I'm excited to share with you some of the products I have used and enjoyed throughout 2011.
Below you'll find a bit about why I love these products, and where you can go to buy them for yourself and your friends this holiday season. I plan to share more fantastic American made INDIE products later this week!
- Soap. This hefty bar of soap will wake you up in the morning and clean your skin gently. Poppy seeds provide texture and gentle exfoliation. Get it from etta + billie, where the newly engaged (yay!) Alana makes it herself! Listen to our interview with Alana on Indie Business Podcast!
- Lotion candle. Fun and useful, burn the candle to create ambiance. Blow the candle out and use the warm wax to moisturize your skin. The warm liquid is heated by the candle flame to barely above body temperature. Limited edition seasonal scents available. Get it from Scandle Candles.
- Hair styling serum. My hair is naturally curly-frizzy, and this tames both. Smells good and holds my hair without making it “crunchy.” Get it at Oyin Handmade.
- Chakra balancing. This little book is a great introduction to chakras and the natural essential oils used to support them. Available with or without a selection of oils (but get it with the oils). Get it at SunRose Aromatics.
- Lavender salve. A gentle salve made with lavender essential oil and organic olive oil. I love this on my cuticles and to prevent chafing when I run. Get it at MJs Herbals.
- Smoothing lotion. Hemp, olive butter, macadamia nut oil, lavender, chamomile — what's not to love? This is soothing and wonderful. From Lillian Skincare.
- Sugar scrub. Triple whipped and gentle just for kids. Comes with a scoop and cute little rubber ducky. Get it at Scrubz.
- Body butter. Almond biscotti — oh my goodness! Vanilla and almond scent and refined shea butter are a super all-day treat for your skin. This product was from La Dolce Diva, which is no longer in business.
- Bath salts. Oatsie Floatsie with lavender cleanse and calm the skin, with salts to melt away the “achey painey.” Ahhh … Get it at Joyful Bath Co.
Question: I know it's hard to choose, but which one's your favorite?