Welcome to Season 1 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this ninth episode, you will meet Elissa Choi of BonBlissity in San Pedro, California. Elissa and her husband work together in business. You will enjoy hearing how Elissa launched the brand with a few products, narrowed it down to one, and now, after three years in business, has three (and only three) pretty awesome products in her line, available in 12 scents.
Elissa has been a member of IBN since March 2012, and she is an amazing example of focus, drive and dedication. Not only does she lead a successful Maker business, but she is also a mom and she holds down a part-time job as well. This episode has it all, covering so many topics: working with your spouse, spending money to make money, the importance of demos, trademarking and branding and so much more. Sit back, relax and absorb it all now!
Click the arrow to listen
You have to spend money to make money.
Elissa Choi, BonBlissity
Season 1, Episode 9: Show Notes
Here are few episode nine highlights.
- How Elissa makes product launch choices that make beautiful sense.
- How Elissa's business model works, and how things are split between retail and wholesale.
- Elissa shares how she serves her spa customers, the nail spa industry in particular. (Some eye opening stuff here.)
- How Elissa and her husband “verbally” divide up BonBlissity duties, and how they incorporate their son in the overall process
- Hear Elissa talk about her current re-branding efforts and the trademark issue that is helping to propel them forward (and the importance of trademarks in general)
- Elissa reveals some of her best trade show sales strategies.
- Get Elissa's encouragement for all Makers seeking to be handmade success today.
Connect with Elissa and BonBlissity
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.