Welcome to the final episode of Season 1 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this twelfth episode, you will meet Annie Pham of Cirque Colors in Brooklyn, New York. Like many other Indies, Annie was employed at a well paying but unsatisfying job. Having been raised by parents who were entrepreneurs, Annie knew that there could be more to life, and that owning a company of her own was a viable option. So she did what I did a few years back, and what so many others do today — she started a business on the side, and built it to the point where she was able to leave her job and work her business full-time.
Today, Annie and her boyfriend business partner, Duke Ahrens (pictured above with her), run the business together, and they are hot. If you are a nail polish junkie, your itch will be more than scratched at Cirque Colors. Don't say I didn't warn you (and your pocket book). In this episode, you'll hear a bit about how Annie started her company, how she uses social media, and you'll discover how an opportunity that she was not so excited about at first turned into a profitable collaboration with a successful sales rep who now helps Annie sell her products nationwide and around the globe. Settle in and enjoy NOW!
Click the arrow to listen
Annie Pham, Cirque Colors
Season 1, Episode 12: Show Notes
Here are few episode twelve highlights.
- All about Annie's “real” job before she started Cirque (starting at 2:49).
- How Indie nail color designers lead the pack, leading the nail arts industry with shimmers and holographic colors that set the pace for big brands to follow (starting at 4:30).
- The story of how Cirque started and how Annie's first generation immigrant entrepreneurial parents influenced her choice to become an entrepreneur (starting at 6:56)
- Annie's approach to coming up with new and exciting nail polish colors (starting at 8:57)
- How designing nail polish colors is an art, and how Annie an her boyfriend business partner manage different parts of the business (and how they used essential oils to create a signature scent for their line) (starting at 11:20)
- Annie shares a bit about how her business model (which is about 75% wholesale) works and how she collaborated with a jewelry designer to create a custom, limited edition nail polish/jewelry product (starting at 16:04)
- How Annie uses social media and blogging to promote Cirque Colors and acquire new customers (starting at 18:13)
- A bit about how Annie uses a sales rep and how international customers have found her on social media (starting at 19:53)
- Annie's advice to help you launch a new Indie nail polish company of your own (starting at 26:42)
Connect with Annie of Cirque Colors
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.