Welcome to Season 2, Episode 12 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this eleventh and final episode of our Women, Wealth and Wow! series, I introduce you to Neenz Faleafine of Pono Media in Hawaii. Through her business, Neenz helps entrepreneurs develop “virtual solutions for real-life results.” Some might say she is a social media consultant, but she's really so much more than that.
Neenz is a professional learner of people. She is constantly studying human behavior so she can offer the best value to customers, clients, and everyone who crosses her path. You'll enjoy hearing a bit about how I met, and actually, how I've never really met, Neenz.
In this episode, Neenz opens up to share her spiritual approach to entrepreneurship and the relationships it fosters. This was not a planned part of our discussion. The insights Neenz shares apply to everyone who seeks to use the Internet to communicate with people in a way that conveys not only that we have a product or service to offer them, but that we also care deeply about them and want to develop a meaningful relationship with them. Enjoy my Interview with Neenz NOW!
Click the arrow to listen
Season 2, Episode 12: Show Notes
Here are few episode 12 highlights.
- Neenz starts by making us envious of the view of Pearl Harbor from her back yard. (starting at 2:41).
- How Neenz started her business, Pono Media, by accident. (starting at 3:35).
- How Neenz met Guy Kawasaki, former Chief Evangelist at Apple, on Twitter, and how the meeting changed her life (this is funny, you will laugh). (starting at 7:30).
- What Guy taught Neenz about the importance of building relationships and trust (starting at 9:38).
- The definition of PONO (starting at 12:07).
- The universal law of life is this: Givers gain (starting at 15:50).
- “On the other end of the screen is another living being, and I need to acknowledge that.” (starting at 16:53).
- It's not all about making money. (starting at 17:44).
- Providing value requires the setting of healthy boundaries. (starting at 21:44).
- How social media allows you to give a “weight” to potential relationships by observing how people deliver true value online. (starting at 23:00).
- Business is a vehicle for creating something far more important than business. (starting at 26:00.
- How Neenz's definition of wealth has evolved over the years. (starting at 26:22).
- As a leader, you must be magnetic, able to pull people in with your smile (starting at 28:21).
The funny story of how I met Neenz. (starting at 13:44).
Connect with Neenz at Pono Media
Listen on iTunes
Go here now to listen to this episode of the Indie Business Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to subscribe there for automatic episodes as they are released. Get excited for a new way to look at online relationships!
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out!
Thanks for listening to Indie Business Podcast, and for allowing it to be a part of your life!
Best and Success!