This will be a fun week with lots of excitement, growth and learning. Before I get to that, I want to thank everyone who sent well wishes when I and my children were sick last week. As as I write this, I'm back from a 2.33-mile run on the treadmill (it's raining outside), and I am the new “Mayor” at my gym. My cold is not quite gone, but I feel much better. I hope you can join me for some of this week's fun, learning and sharing!
- March 22: Indie Business Roll Call on FaceBook:Join me and dozens of small business owners at our FaceBook Page, present, accounted for and ready to defy the alleged recession and every pessimist who comes our way. Check-in starts between 9 and 9:30 New York time, and lasts all day!
Come and show the world your small business is alive and well, and don't forget to bring a friend and link to your business Fan Page so we can check you out.
Due to illness, I didn't host Indie Business Roll Call last week, but you can check out the previous week's Roll Call here. Indie Business Roll Call is open to everyone who is serious about making a profit, leading a business and leaving a legacy.
- March 22 from 1:00pm to 1:50pm New York time: Indie Business Radio: Join me and Rawn Shaw, author of Social Networking for Business: Choosing the Right Tools and Resources to Fit Your Needs
(affiliate link) for a lively discussion of how small business owners can choose the right social networking tools to fit their needs. Shah, a member of IBM's Social Software Enable team, is a pro at managing communities and we can learn a lot from him.
Today, so much of business is about community. In fact, if you are leading a business, you must also lead a community in order to maximize your success. Rawn Shah will take some of the “big company” principles and translate them into our language!
Here's the link to listen to the show live, and don't forget that you can also join a live chat by following the instructions at that page. The show is free and open to everyone. You can enjoy all of the 2010 shows here, and archives going back to 2005 here.
- March 23: WorkOut Wednesday on FaceBook: I believe that successful small business leaders create more than profit. We also create opportunities, and it takes a great deal of energy and endurance to make things happen.
If you agree, join me and other small business leaders who are committed to maintaining not only a healthy business, but also a healthy body! We check in every Wednesday to share what we are doing to remain healthy so we can make our highest contributions to ourselves first, then to our family members, friends, customers and communities.
- March 23: Regulatory Seminar: Making and Labeling Your Cosmetics In Accordance With FDA Regulations, and What to Expect From the FDA Globalization Act of 2009 (with me!) from 12:00pm to 2:00pm New York time: Every business that sells products to consumers must comply with some federal government regulations having to do with labeling. The reasons for this are obvious: educated consumers are the best customers and beauty products manufacturers have the privilege and the duty of providing them with at least the minimum amount of information required by the Food & Drug Administration.
During this in-depth two-hour webinar, I will cover all of the resources you need to consult with order to comply with FDA rules and regulations, and I will provide an overview of what's coming down the pike with the FDA Globalization Act of 2009.
This is an exclusive IBN members only event. It will be recorded and transcribed for those who cannot attend. If you are not a member of IBN, it's not too late to join and get access to this and dozens of other learning resources and the networking you need to elevate your business.
- March 24: Ministry Marketing Solutions Show with Pam Perry: noon to 12:30pm New York time: Pam Perry's show helps teach people how to market their books, grow their businesses and brand their ministries using partnerships, joint ventures, strategic alliances and innovative internet marketing techniques & strategies.
Yes! My business is a ministry! And in some ways, I bet yours is too!! Join me for this 30-minute discussion of how a “ministry mindset” can help your business grow and give you the privilege of serving more people.
- March 24: 30-Minute Beauty Break: Deep Into the SkinDeep Database with IBN member Linda Balon-Stein, from 1:00pm to 1:30pm New York time: Linda, an IBN member and one of StartUp Nation's Top 10 Greenest Home-Based Businesses, joins us for a quick look at the SkinDeep database and what it means (and doesn't mean, and may mean, and could mean …) for your cosmetics business.
As a signer of the Campaign For Safe Cosmetics, Linda has largely built her business using the SkinDeep database and she'll share what it does and doesn't do for her. She'll also share some of her impressions as an business leader of the future of the cosmetics industry in light of the SkinDeep database. If you are a cosmetics manufacturer, you won't want to miss this event.
This is an exclusive IBN members only event, and you can get more details here. It will be recorded and transcribed for those who cannot attend. If you are not a member of IBN, it's not too late to join and get access to this and dozens of other learning resources and the networking you need to elevate your business.
Whew! It's going to be a busy week for sure! I am looking forward to seeing you.
Question: What's happening in your world this week?