Welcome to Episode 54 of the Indie Business Podcast! This time, it's just me. No guest, and I have something fun and exciting to share with you today. Indie Business Podcast has helped so many people gain the skills and confidence, and enjoy the mentoring, they need to be successful as Makers and Handmade Entrepreneurs. My listeners tell me they love the format, and they look forward to each episode. So what's up with the changes? I'll tell you in this episode, and I think you're going to like it.
But first, a quick word about change. I rarely, if ever, try to make things change. What I notice in my life is that change becomes necessary. In other words, the circumstances of life are always shifting, and if I stay the same in the midst of those shifts, I become stagnant and bored. (And probably also boring …)
Change is hard on the front end. It's work to sit still and think about what is happening, notice the patterns and shifts, create a plan that embraces and maximizes those shifts, and then execute that plan. It's even a long sentence. But if you're thoughtful and intentional about responding to change, you always come out ahead in the long run.
I'm putting my money where my mouth is on this one. Things are going great with the Indie Business Podcast, yet I am changing it — not because I want to or planned to, but because the new shifts call for it. Here are three ways the Indie Business Podcast will change. You can listen or you can scroll down to read. Let's get started.
Click the arrow to listen NOW!
Donna Maria Coles Johnson, Indie Business Network
Episode Show Notes
- A short bit of the history of the Indie Business Podcast, since 2005. (starting at 2:50)
- Indie Business Podcast is going back to its roots, interviewing authors and speakers who are experts in a field that can help your business grow. (starting at 4:45)
- Why I am making this change. (starting at 4:57)
- The difference between the Indie Business Podcast and the new Maker Mastermind Show. (starting at 6:03)
- Yes, I'm a little nervous, and want your feedback. (starting at 7:57)
Episode 54: Resources in this Episode
- Maker Mastermind Live: Live event for Makers and Handmade Entrepreneurs
- Podcast archive: Binge on lots of my episodes at this link
- Featured Maker Mastermind Show guest: Adoratherapy
- Maker Mastermind Show Co-host: Christine Laureano of Ba6 Marketing
- Live video on Facebook: Facebook Live
Binge on all of my Indie Business Podcast Episodes
Subscribe to Indie Business Podcast
Rate Indie Business Podcast, Tell Your Friends and Comment
If you enjoy the Indie Business Podcast, please rate my show on iTunes, and be sure to subscribe there to receive automatic episodes as they are released.