Moving this blog from TypePad to WordPress is an exciting experience. I look forward to sharing all the things I am learning in future posts so you can apply them to your small business.
During the next few months, you will see many changes here as I add new WordPress plugins to make this blog more useful for you. I will replace the graphics lost in the transition as quickly as I can.
Because TypePad's email subscription program is different from WordPress's, as a result of the switch, some of you may be inadvertently dropped from my email subscriber list. Of course, I'd like to do everything I can to avoid that, so I'm asking you to let me know your favorite ways for us to stay in touch.
I always advise small business owners never to rely too heavily on third party-owned social media platforms to communicate with customers and other stakeholders. Thankfully, technology provides enough options to make everyone happy.
Help Me Stay Connected To You!
Would you take a moment to help me stay connected with you, either through this blog or some other means? I offer several options. Which one works best for you?
- Subscribe to my RSS feed. This allows you to aggregate my blog content with all of the other content you receive via RSS feed.
- Subscribe via email. Many people prefer this option, but it does require that you check your spam folder now and then to see if any of my posts sneak in there.
- Follow me on Twitter. In addition to sharing my blog posts there, I share carefully selected, informational content produced by other small business experts. For example, if you followed me over the past few days, you would know about this video to help you learn how to use the new Seesmic Twitter application. You would also know about this great post by @chrisbrogan on how to promote your business without being obnoxious. If you're wondering whether I'm worth your Twitter time, check out this page to see what other people say about how helpful my Tweets are.
- Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter which highlights small business owners who are members of the Indie Beauty Network. Learn how they meet the challenges of small business ownership and enjoy learning some of their best tips and recommendations for small business success. The articles are entertaining and informative, and there's no better way to learn than from the successes and mistakes of others. I have archived 10 years of newsletters as my website so you can browse all of them at your leisure.
- If you are interested in using Indie, handmade and artisan bath and body care products, you may wish to connect with me and thousands of other people who like Indie stuff at our social network at Indie Beauty.com. We have lots of fun discussions, videos, events and and learning groups there. As the founder and CEO, I can point you in the direction of some of the best small scale manufactured beauty products in the world for your own personal or corporate gifting needs. Email me at donnamaria at carolina dot rr dot com and I will help you find just what you need.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Collaborate with me and other professionals on LinkedIn.
Question: Please let me know which options you prefer? And if you have any comments or questions about the new blog layout, please let me know. I love hearing your thoughts and opinions.