I am excited to announce Indie Business Retreat: Playa Esmeralda: Dominican Republic: January 9 – 14, 2022! If you already know you are ready to register, do so here. (Deposits are due now.)
As the leader of an online membership-based business for over 20 years, I am a pioneer when it comes to using technology to to create community and digital intimacy.
As I contemplate the one-year anniversary of COVID-19, I do so with profound sadness as the number of mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers who have been lost to the disease. And while it's not over, we are on the back end of it, and that fact fills me with gratitude.
Like you, I have made the most of this time. After the shock of being alive during a pandemic wore off, I immediately doubled down on efforts to position Indie Business to help our members leverage this challenging time. We hosted nearly 40 Lead + Pivot workshops for our members over the past year, and our private networking community has continue to gather online to uplift, encourage, and mastermind together.
It's time to Gather, in Real Life.
Our use of technology over the past year has been remarkable and freeing. We have all learned, if we didn't already know, that we can generate just as many sales (if not more!) without physical gatherings as we can with them.
But sales are not relationships.
To Gather is to Live. We need to do that.
You can make sales without gathering.
But without gathering, you cannot truly celebrate, feast upon, and effervesce with the energy of another person. Unless you gather, you cannot feel the joy, awe, or agony, or uncertainty in another person's heart.
Gathering makes us human. Let's gather together.
I know first-hand the transformational power of gathering with a group of like-minded creative entrepreneurs who are ready to dive deep into themselves, and strategize to use their businesses to create the lives they love in 2022 and beyond. Let's do this.
Safety is a priority at Michès Playa Esmeralda
We all know “results may vary,” but the truth is that many Makers saw their businesses explode during COVID-19. And the ones who understand the importance of the positive energy that flows with momentum will continue to reap the financial benefits.
- Vaccinations are here!
- Club Med is operating on a limited capacity.
- Masks are required
- Club Med offers free on-site antigen testing.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the resort.
- Deep cleaning has been reinforced and heightened.
- Floor markings throughout the resort help you stay six feet away from the people around you.
- There are temperature check stations location throughout the resort.
- Medical personnel are available 24/7 at Club Med.
The science is clear that masking and remaining at least six feet apart from people not in your household prevents transmission of the virus. Everyone on Indie Business Retreat will be required to mask and stay socially distant, and agrees to do so as a condition of joining us.)While the past year has been an extremely challenging year, it has also produced incredible opportunities for Makers and Creative Entrepreneurs. Several dozens of Indie Business members have more than doubled their revenues during the last nine months. I've heard figures as high as 300% and 400% growth over 2019. Many Indies have launched new brands, added to their income streams, and hired additional staff and/or contractors to help them grow.
The circumstances of this year are anomalous, and we do not know whether or not they will be repeated once the virus is under control. That's why we are taking advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to grow now.
Some tips to help you gather safe with us
Of course, we are all mindful of and abiding by the CDC's tips for traveling safely:
- Check travel restrictions before you go! We will keep all registered people updated, but to make sure you always have the latest rom the horse's mouth, check the CDC's website for Dominican Republic information
- Consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination before traveling. This is not required for our trip, but we foresee that airlines and international destinations may eventually require that all travelers be vaccinated
- Bring extra supplies, such as masks and hand sanitizer: we are packing …
- Do not travel if you or your travel companions are sick: we are not traveling with sick companions
- Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings: check!
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not from your travel group: we are staying distant both inside and outside of our group; we have plenty oof outdoor activities planned and will only be inside when we are eating
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol): so much sanitizer, all around the resort, and we Indies definitely have that wash your hands thing covered, don't we?
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick: we do this anyway …
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth: gloves will be available for anyone who struggles with this
An Extraordinary Getaway for an Extraordinary Time
While we will always remember 2020-2021 as the year of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we will also remember it as the year of new opportunities to stretch ourselves so we can continue to lead our businesses and pivot our business strategies to accommodate unforeseen and challenging circumstances.
Indie Business Retreat is the perfect opportunity to take a few days to evaluate 2020-2021 through the lens of like-minded people who can help you put the experience in context and gain the clarify needed to help you leverage the C-19 experience for a fun and successful 2022.
Additional Safety Protocols
Historically, I have only selected resort destinations that maintain superior cleanliness and safety protocols. Indie Business Retreat is no different, and the usual protocols have been enhanced to account for the new reality in which we all now live.
Here are additional measures in place to maximize your safe and enjoyable retreat experience:
• The resort has changed operating procedures to ensure a safe and fun-filled retreat experience.
• Food and beverage service is individually plated and/or served by specially trained staff behind clear panel shields, ensuring no guest contact with utensils or buffets.
• Masks are required while indoors, except when dining.
• Social distancing is expected, and peer enforced accountability will be a part of our experience.
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout your retreat experience, and, of course, there will be handmade soap everywhere!
What else is happening at Indie Business Retreat
Optional Whale Watching Excursion
Because January is prime humpback whale mating season, we will exchange our traditional sunset cruise for time out in the ocean with these amazing creatures.
White Night + Sparklers
We will gather on the beach at dusk on evening for an official Indie Business Retreat group photograph with a professional photographer. Here is the official photograph from Indie Cruise 2020, in Aruba.
Cocktail Party and Gift Exchange
We will enjoy a socially distanced cocktail party and gift exchange.
How To Register For Indie Business Retreat
Registering for Indie Business Retreat 2022 is easy with our simple payment plan.
The details are on our Indie Business Retreat website registration page … just click the “Register Now” button!
What are you waiting for?
You can get deposit details and register for Indie Business Retreat: Michès Playa Esmeralda by clicking here. If you have any questions before registering, contact us.
See you at Pelican Grand!!
Questions for discussion and sharing
Why do you prefer wax melts over traditional candles? What are your favorite scents to slide into your warmer? The fragrant possibilities are endless. Let us know in the comments!
If you liked the information in this article, there's more where this came from! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter at this link.