I am excited to announce Indie Business Retreat: Getaway: Pelican Grand Beach Resort: January 24 – 27, 2021! If you already know you are ready to register, do so here. (Deposits are due now.)
Why Retreat Now?
Good question. And it's the middle of a pandemic, so I am glad you asked. Here's why.
Because I know first-hand the transformational power of gathering with a group of like-minded creative entrepreneurs who are ready to dive deep into themselves, and strategize to use their businesses to create the lives they love in 2021 and beyond.
It’s magic, and after doing if for 10 years via Indie Cruise, I know that it's worth the energy and extra preparation to make it happen — even in the midst of a pandemic.
Let's discuss more …
- While COVID-19 is real, it's in the media's best interest to keep us home and make us fearful. I don't consume much traditional media. It's fear-based and mostly useless.
- The science is clear that masking and remaining at least six feet apart from people not in your household prevents transmission of the virus. If everyone would have done those two things since March, we would have flattened the curve months ago. (Everyone on Indie Business Retreat will be required to mask and stay socially distant, and agrees to do so as a condition of joining us.)
- While 2020 has been an extremely challenging year, it has also produced incredible opportunities for Makers and Creative Entrepreneurs. Several dozens of Indie Business members have more than doubled their revenues during the last nine months. I've heard figures as high as 300% and 400% growth over 2019. Many Indies have launched new brands, added to their income streams, and hired additional staff and/or contractors to help them grow.
We all know “results may vary,” but the truth is that many Makers saw their businesses explode during COVID-19. And the ones who understand the importance of the positive energy that flows with momentum will continue to reap the financial benefits.
The circumstances of this year are anomalous, and we do not know whether or not they will be repeated once the virus is under control. That's why we are taking advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to grow now.
I could have hosted a virtual retreat … but …
Sure, I could have hosted the retreat virtually, but I host virtual events all the time — both for members and for the public. I hosted my first virtual event back in 2000 — long before you and anyone else reading this article right now.
I am a firm believer in the value of virtual events.
But I also know that nothing can take the place of in-person gatherings. You simply cannot receive and embrace the full energy and value of another human being unless you are physically with them.
Safety is a priority at Pelican Grand Beach Resort
For Indie Business Retreat: Getaway, I selected a domestic venue that is taking maximum safety precautions to protect both staff and guests.
(And who can resist getting their very own snazzy and very fashionable custom Indie Business Retreat mask, which is yours when you join us?!)
Because international travel continues to be limited due to COVID-19, our destination is domestic. We have also taken other precautions to ensure maximum enjoyment and safety for all.
Pelican Grand employs enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures. Additionally:
- Individual PPE kits (containing disposable sanitizing wipes, gloves, disposal masks, and personal hand sanitizer) are available upon request.
- No resort personnel enter your room during your stay without your permission, including daily housekeeping service.
- Masks are required for guests in enclosed areas, except when dining.
- Appropriate PPE, including masks and gloves, are worn by all staff based on their roles and responsibilities, and in adherence to applicable state and local regulations.
- For more information, read Pelican Grand Stay Safe Start Living 2020 to learn more.
Of course, we are all mindful of and abiding by the CDC's tips for traveling safely:
- Check travel restrictions before you go: our choice to stay domestic avoids travel restrictions imposed by international destinations
- Get your flu shot before you travel: I got my flu shot in October and am encouraging all travelers to do so
- Bring extra supplies, such as masks and hand sanitizer: we are packing …
- Do not travel if you or your travel companions are sick: we are not traveling with sick companions
- Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings: check!
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not from your travel group: we are staying distant both inside and outside of our group; we have plenty oof outdoor activities planned and will only be inside when we are eating
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol): so much sanitizer, all around the resort, and we Indies definitely have that wash your hands thing covered, don't we?
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick: we do this anyway …
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth: gloves will be available for anyone who struggles with this
An Extraordinary Getaway for an Extraordinary Time
While we will always remember 2020 as the year of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we will also remember it as the year of new opportunities to stretch ourselves so we can continue to lead our businesses and pivot our business strategies to accommodate unforeseen and challenging circumstances.
Indie Business Retreat is the perfect opportunity to take a few days to evaluate 2020 through the lens of like-minded people who can help you put the experience in context and gain the clarify needed to help you leverage the C-19 experience for a fun and successful 2021.
Additional Safety Protocols
Historically, I have only selected resort destinations that maintain superior cleanliness and safety protocols. Indie Business Retreat is no different, and the usual protocols have been enhanced to account for the new reality in which we all now live.
Here are additional measures in place to maximize your safe and enjoyable retreat experience:
• The resort has changed operating procedures to ensure a safe and fun-filled retreat experience.
• This event is adults only.
• Food and beverage service is individually plated and poured by specially trained staff behind clear panel shields, ensuring no contact with utensils or buffets.
• Masks are required while indoors, except when dining.
• Social distancing is expected, and peer enforced accountability will be a part of our experience.
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout your retreat experience, and, of course, there will be handmade soap everywhere!
What else is happening at Indie Business Retreat
Lead + Pivot
Your customizable Lead + Pivot Workbook, to help you strengthen your brand and strategize your 2021 pivot.
Video setup, audio, and lighting training workshop with a professional videographer.
We will gather on the beach at dusk on evening for an official Indie Business Retreat group photograph with a professional photographer. Here is the official photograph from Indie Cruise 2020, in Aruba.
Optional Sunset Cruise
Take in Pelican Grand Beach Resort's scenic coastline via sailboat. Enjoy the breath taking sunset and sail under the setting sun while enjoying drinks and light snacks in a social distanced manner. (Space is limited.)
Cocktail Party and Gift Exchange
We will enjoy a socially distanced cocktail party and gift exchange.
How To Register For Indie Business Retreat
Registering for Indie Business Retreat 2021 is easy with our simple payment plan.
The details are on our Indie Business Retreat website registration page … just click the “Register Now” button!
What are you waiting for?
You can get deposit details and register for Indie Business Retreat: Getaway: Pelican Grand Beach Resort by clicking here. If you have any questions before registering, contact us.
See you at Pelican Grand!!