Welcome to Episode 8 of the Maker Mastermind Show. If you missed previous episodes, you can binge watch them here. Be sure to join the free Maker Mastermind group on Facebook so you can join us live for the next show, and be entered to win prizes and/or get discount codes on the artisan made products you love. In this episode, I and my co-host, Christine Laureano, interview Kristen Fusaro-Pizzo of Bath, Body, Candle Moments and the Vine Vendor Network in Staten Island, New York. Watch as Kristen shares her best business tips, and of course, answers the question: when did you STOP MAKING STUFF AND START MAKING MONEY?
Make sure you scroll to the bottom to get a discount code to go shopping at Kristen's online store!'I didn't just come out of my bathtub and create these random things,' says @bathbodycandleMClick To Tweet
Kristen Fusaro-Pizzo, Bath, Body, Candle Moments
Episode Show Notes
Here are the topics discussed in this episode, with time stamps to help you scroll directly to the content that most interests you:
- Introduction and welcome viewers.
- When did Kristen STOP MAKING STUFF and START MAKING MONEY? (starting at 9:20)
- Kristen's approach to using social media wisely, including discussion of Facebook ads and Facebookgroups. (starting at 13:00)
- Viewer question: Can you share some tips for growing your Facebook group? (starting at 20:00)
- Kristen's tips for managing your business while holding down a full-time job. (Kristen is a teacher.) (starting at 23:36)
- Tips for successfully managing your entrepreneur lifestyle (starting at 28:07)
- Go shopping in November at the Vine Vendor Network (starting at 30:00)
- Shopping at Bath, Body, Candle Moments. (starting at 31:41)
- Viewer question: How do you juggle the making and the marketing so well? (starting at 38:52)
- Kristen talks about her Indie Business Network member experience, and why you should join today! (starting at 44:30)
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned these resources:
Follow Kristen and Bath, Body, Candle Moments
Follow Christine and Ba6Marketing
Subscribe to the Maker Mastermind Show
If you have enjoyed this episode of the Maker Mastermind Show, subscribe on Youtube and join the Maker Mastermind Facebook group community.
Need More Support?
Here are two ways to get more support now!
If you want solid advice and support delivered virtually, to help you build your Maker brand, I invite you to join the Indie Business Network. In addition to entrepreneurial training, we also offer affordable product liability insurance and personal growth and networking opportunities.
If you prefer a more intimate, in-person experience that is customized to assess your individual business needs and create executable plans for your growth personally and professionally, join me at Maker Mastermind Live. Hosted four times a year, Maker Mastermind Live is the premier event for Makers and Handmade Entrepreneurs in the Emerge Phase of business. Learn more and register for the city nearest to you here.
Go Shopping with our Coupon Code
Use coupon code IBNMAKERMASTERMIND to get 20% off your order of any of Kristen's products (except soap of the month club) at Bath, Body, Candle Moments until Friday, July 14 at 11:59pm ET.
Thanks to Kristen for offering our viewers this generous discount!
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of hosting the Maker Mastermind Show is engaging in the business building and thought provoking conversations that result. After each show, I ask one question. This week, it is:
Questions: Can you relate to Kristen's discussion about using a Facebook group and social media to connect with customers? How do you engage your customers, and use their ideas and feedback to serve them better and propel your business forward? What are your questions? What tips and experiences can you share? I invite you to post your comments and thoughts below.