I ran early today for the first time in a long while. It's a good thing too, since I spent the afternoon at the Cookie TweetUp at Blue Flour in Columbia, South Carolina. Even though I was surrounded by sweets all day, I took just four total bites. I chose carefully so not a sweet moment was wasted. I had one bite of each of these: a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting, a mini-chocolate chip cookie, a green tea cookie, a toffee bar.
This is one of the ducks that was on the track with me this morning. It was fun to see them out there waddling around in the early morning breeze. Being with them makes me feel a little bit closer to nature. They do leave droppings all over the place though. I always rinse my shoes off well when I get home. Oh well, I guess there's a down side to everything. Here are the deets:
- Weather. 56°F and beautiful.
- Location. Siskey YMCA track
- Distance. 2.5 miles
- Calories. 244
- Time. 7:45am
- Run Time. 40:40 minutes
- Average Pace. 16:11 minutes/mile
- Playlist. NPR's Morning Edition on WFAE, Charlotte
- Condition. Excited to be running early, looking forward to the day. I ran a bit slower this morning, but I think that may be because I ran last night. I didn't take much of a break, but I was determined to run this morning because I knew I'd not get to run tonight. It's a long drive back from Columbia to Charlotte.
Question: If you are are a runner, do you like to run at a particular time of day? Why or why not?