I felt compelled to run today. I should have done it this morning, but alas, I had so many things on the “to do” list. After dinner, I was so stressed out that my husband literally pushed me out the door to get my run in. It was too late to run at the track so I headed for my second choice — the treadmill. I was one of three die hard addicts left in the gym at 9:30! Here's a picture of my workout summary — note the 143.3 calories burned.
After my treadmill run, I had to walk past the track to get to my car. I saw 4 people walking together. The track is well lit. I was like a moth to a flame. I know many of you will chastise me for this, but I positively could not help myself. I activated RunKeeper (video about RunKeeper) and heading down for just one lap. Just one. I ran my fastest lap ever and I feel fantastic. Here are today's stats:
- Weather. I was indoors for the first part, the ran a lap outside in wonderful 60°F weather, after a brief, sweet spring rain
- Location. Siskey YMCA treadmill, then the track
- Distance. 1.82 miles on the treadmill + .37 miles at the track = 2.19 miles
- Calories. 143.3 (treadmill) + 49 (track) = 192.3
- Start Time. 8:57pm
- Run Time. 30 minutes treadmill + 4.34 minutes (track) = 34.34
- Average Pace. 12:19 minutes/mile (track; I don't have this statistic for the treadmill). Note this is the fastest time I have ever run .37 miles!
- Playlist. The Real Story Behind The Real Thing on CNBC, plus the sound of my feet running like the wind when I got to the track!
Condition. Stressed out before I left. Mellow when I returned. Payoff! Life is good.
Question: What are your tips for moving to a morning run? When I awake, my head is so full of everything I didn't do while I was sleeping. I can't wait to sit down and get to work. And it's not work! Help!