I never thought I'd enjoy running. My whole life, I listened to people talk about running and I watched people run. Around and around the track. Up and down the hill. Sure, they were fit, but no more fit than someone who swam or did step aerobics or something else I already knew I enjoyed. I just never saw the appeal. When I finally tried it, it wasn't long before I began to appreciate the benefits, one of which is feeling better and more competent in about every aspect of my life.
Another benefit is that, as you can see from this morning's pedometer reading (sorry it's blurry), is that I can get in more than half of the 10,000 steps I need each day before 8:30 in the morning! My crazy love of running seemed to sneak up on me from out of nowhere. I ran a mile one day, and pretty much have not stopped since. Here are this morning's stats:
- Weather. 48°F, beautiful, and sunny
- Location. Siskey YMCA track
- Distance. 2.16miles
- Calories. 189
- Start Time. 7:50pm
- Run Time. 33:43 (a minute better than yesterday!)
- Average Pace. 15:37 minutes/mile
- Playlist. NPR's Morning Edition on WFAE. I turned it off for the last 3 or 4 minutes so I could hear myself breathe and enjoy the sound of my foot steps.
Condition. So awesome that I devoted an entire Indie Business TV segment to it!
Question: What is your favorite exercise to perform on a regular basis?