I didn't run today, but I walked really super duper fast with my morning fitness partners at the Soap Guild Conference. We met in the lobby at 6:00 sharp, the quickly remembered how chilly it is in Denver at that hour, so many of us rushed back to our rooms for our jackets. (More steps!) We enjoyed walking the perimeter of the hotel, then the walking path that's a part of the golf course. As you can see, we were very excited to be encouraging one another.
After the walk, we went to the hotel fitness center where everyone did whatever they wanted to do. Treadmill, cycle, free weights, stretching, and/or elliptical. Anne-Marie Faiola led a short yoga session. By the time we were done at around 7:30, I had taken 4,547 steps. What a great way to start the day! Here are this morning's stats:
- Weather. Cold and sunny. I think it was pretty close to freezing outside (feeling very committed now …)
- Location. Inverness Hotel perimeter and fitness center
- Distance. 1 mile, followed by fitness center workouts
- Calories. Not captured
- Start Time. 6:00am
- Run Time. I got back to my room right at about 7:30, so an hour and a half total
- Average Pace. Not captured
- Playlist. Lots of great girl talk and chit chat!
Condition. Fabulous, and very encouraged by other women who are maintaining fitness when it's easier to sleep in at the conference.
Question: Do you like the elliptical trainer? I tried it for the first time this morning and felt very out of sync. Does it take getting used to, or am I just uncoordinated?