I didn't run this morning. I always say I'll stop putting off my runs until the evening, and then what do I do? I wait until the evening. The good news is that I ran 1.07 miles at the track, and I felt great doing it. The even better news is that, after I returned home from the track and pulled into my driveway, I suddenly got a second wind.
So I got out of my car and ran around the block, which is nearly another mile. So as disappointed in myself as I was for not running this morning, I'm glad I didn't totally bag it, which is what I felt like doing. As usual though, after my run, I felt fantastic. Funny how that works. Here are this evening's stats:
- Weather. 78°F and pretty muggy
- Location. Siskey YMCA outdoor track
- Distance. 1.07 miles, then .80 miles around my neighborhood, for a total of about 1.87 miles
- Calories. 93 for the track run, and since I ran again, I'll just add another 93 (since my neighborhood has some hilly areas), for a total of 186
- Start Time. 9:11pm
- Run Time. 17:02 for the track run, and I guess the same for the second run, for a total of about 25 minutes
- Average Pace. 15:57 minutes per mile; happy to be better than yesterday
- Playlist. My breathing
Condition. Decent, but I need to run in the morning
Question: What is it with second winds? Do you know where they come from? I'm very curious about this.