I ran a mile yesterday but didn't have time to journal it since I spent much of the afternoon and evening with Ree Drummond and her posse. This afternoon, my kids agreed to kick the soccer ball around the field while I ran the outdoor track at the gym. I made it once around (about 1/3 mile), then they started arguing. In the hopes that it would stop, I got in a full mile before I called it off.
We got back in the car, drove home, and I made them run nearly a mile around our neighborhood, which has some pretty good hills. Magic! No more arguing! After our run, we did a bit of yoga together. My daughter was really into it. My son — not so much. After dinner, we were all friends again. The best part of my day was these big kisses I got after dinner. (I made this.) There's nothing sweeter in the wide world! Here are this today's stats:
- Weather. 84°F, sunny and toasty
- Location. Siskey YMCA outdoor track, then around my block
- Distance. 1.03 miles, then .82 miles around my neighborhood, for a total of 1.85 miles
- Calories. 165
- Start Time. 4:17pm
- Run Time. 16:40 for the track run, and 13:13 for the neighborhood run
- Average Pace. 16:11 minutes per mile
- Playlist. Kids arguing, followed by kids huffing and puffing. Genius!
Condition. Once we got through the fussing, it was fun
Question: Why can't my kids just play together nicely while I run?