Welcome to Season 1 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this seventh episode, I introduce you to Lynn Elko of Emma's Friends Soaps and Lotions in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania. Lynn was enjoying a fulfilling corporate career when she and her husband discovered that their baby daughter, Emma, was experiencing serious developmental difficulties.
Listen to the Audio
Flexibility is such a tremendous gift that this business has given us.
Lynn Elko, Emma's Friends Soaps and Lotions
Season 1, Episode 7: Show Notes
- Hear Lynn tell the story of how she went from giving big gifts to her daughter's caregivers, to making gifts to give herself.
- Learn how Lynn handles the “steady interruptions” that come with having a child with special needs, and how she puts her daughter first.
- Frank discussion about how the twists and turns of business are “not fun,” in Lynn's words.
- How “just showing up” led to the huge opportunity that propelled Emma's Friends forward. (Don't miss this part, starting at 20:00)
- Enjoy learning about Lynn's business model and the different income streams she has created to sell her products.
- How Lynn's business has become a destination location!
Connect with Lynn and Emma's Friends
Emma's Friends has closed. We wish Lynn and her family all the best!
Binge on all of my Indie Business Podcast Episodes
If you want to listen to previous episodes, you can find them here.
Subscribe to Indie Business Podcast
Rate Indie Business Podcast, Tell Your Friends and Comment
If you enjoy the Indie Business Podcast, please rate my show on iTunes, and be sure to subscribe there to receive automatic episodes as they are released.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.