Welcome to Season 1 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this tenth episode, you will meet Valerie Reed of Valana Minerals in San Diego, California. Valerie is a college sociology professor by trade, and she also works her business, which she founded in 2007. She loves both teaching and mineral makeup, and has found a way to combine both to create the perfect life for her.
Valerie has been a member of the Indie Business Network since 2007, and while we have never met in person, I have been consistently inspired and impressed by her achievements. Listen closely to Valerie's story. She figured out how to make two livings at once, one in a traditional job and the other as the CEO and founder of Valana Minerals which provides vegan mineral makeup for women of color. This life approach is not out of the question for any of us today, especially as we move into an era where each of us is called upon to design a lifestyle that is not dependent on a “job.” Whatever path you want to follow, you'll be inspired to make it happen when you hear Valerie's story. We really excavate her mindset here, and there is so much you can incorporate into you life. Sit back, relax and get it NOW!
Click the arrow to listen
Are you going to keep complaining, or are you going to do something about it?
Valerie Reed, Valana Minerals
Season 1, Episode 10: Show Notes
Here are few episode highlights.
- How Valerie transformed a few unnerving experiences into a profitable niche business selling vegan mineral makeup for women of color.
- Valerie shares how she has created a “crew” of people (including family members) who help her manage her life and her business. You'll get some great ideas here about how you may be able to create win/win with people who are already in your life.
- A great discussion about how to analyze your particular skill set and create systems and routines that allow you to make the best use of your time and bring in the most money in the least amount of time.
- Hear Valerie's “Hawaii Story,” and how she made that dream come true. This is so inspiring — and it led to the love of her life too! It's exciting to hear this because it will inspire you to pursue your dreams, even when you don't have a crystal clear picture of what it will look like. (This part starts at 19:33.)
- What drives Valerie to do the uncomfortable, and to go from wanting something to finding a way to getting it. Boom. (23:20)
- Get Valerie's top three tips to use your business to create the life you love drives Valerie to do the uncomfortable, and to go from wanting something to finding a way to getting it. Boom. (30:53)
Connect with Valerie and Valana Minerals
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.