Welcome to Season 2, Episode 3 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this third episode of our Women, Wealth and Wow! series, I am going outside my comfort zone to introduce you to someone I barely know, but who has had a big positive impact on how I view entrepreneurship. One day, I got an email announcing that today's guest, Kathleen Gage of Power Up For Profits, was hosting a one-time webinar on how to fill your events with happy attendees. I didn't know who Kathleen was, but the timing was right and was keen to get some tips on how to attract people to an event I would be hosting. So I showed up at the appropriate time and had a chance to chat with Kathleen about my upcoming event.
Click the arrow to listen
You will not get to the next level of your business until you're willing to reveal who you really are.
Kathleen Gage, Power Up For Profits
Season 2, Episode 3: Show Notes
Here are few episode 3 highlights.
- According to Forbes.com, a recent strong marketing trends if the importance of being personal and transparent in your business (starting at 5:02).
- How people (women in particular) use technology to create synergy between their businesses and their personal lives (starting at 5:54).
- A bit about how to handle people who are never happy with you, no matter what you do (starting at 8:25).
- How much “separation” is appropriate between business and personal? (starting at 10:38).
- A definition of “intimacy,” and Kathleen's courageous revelation about her and her life partner (starting at 12:41).
- The important question: What is the kind of life that you want to design for yourself, and are you willing to d what it takes to create a lifestyle business? (starting at 17:52).
- Start with what you want (starting at 21:05).
- Kathleen defines “wealth” (starting at 22:33).
- What if you don't have the “whole package?” (starting at 23:48).
- The only “but” you should have is the one you sit on (the importance of gratitude) (starting at 25:25).
- Do not compare your insides to someone else's outsides (starting at 29:00).
- Kathleen's number best tips to creating a message that WOWs your customers (starting at 31:14).
- The time in which we now find ourselves, and how we maximize it (starting at 34:20).
Connect with Kathleen of Power Up For Profits
And check out her “Marathons For Women” Facebook Group.
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.