Welcome to Season 2, Episode 4 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this fourth episode of our Women, Wealth and Wow! series, we focus on all things local, rural, and small town with my guest Becky McCray of Small Biz Survival in Alva, Oklahoma … population 4,000 (give or take).
Click the arrow to listen
When you choose to presume that every single person matters, then you are choosing a much more meaningful life for yourself.
Becky McCray, Small Biz Survival
Season 2, Episode 4: Show Notes
Here are few episode 4 highlights.
- Becky's take on how the Internet increases opportunities for people everywhere, at the oocal level in small towns, and especially for women (starting at 3:20).
- How Becky's encouragement to “newbies” who may still believe that they can be successful in a small town (starting at 6:16).
- It's hard for Becky to imagine what it's like *not* to have a business of her own (starting at 12:30).
- The importance of multiple streams of income. (starting at 10:38).
- Defining wealth (starting at 15:50).
- The liberation of public failure … (“They can't eat you …”) (starting at 18:50).
- The impenetrable economic hedge around you (starting at 23:02).
- No matter what you think you are going to start with, it's not the end game (starting at 25:26).
- How to WOW (starting at 28:00).
Connect with Becky of Small Biz Survival
And if you ever find yourself beerless in Alva, Oklahoma, make sure you are not to far from Allen's retail Liquor Store on Oklahoma Boulevard.
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.