Welcome to Season 2, Episode 10 of the Indie Business Podcast! In this tenth episode of our Women, Wealth and Wow! series, I introduce you to my friend and your Small Biz Lady, Melinda Emerson.
Click the arrow to listen
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 32:49 — 30.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | RSS
Melinda Emerson, Small Biz Lady
Season 2, Episode 10: Show Notes
Here are few episode 10 highlights.
- The accidental branding story of the Small Biz Lady and Small Biz Chat (starting at 2:03).
- Every kick is a boost (starting at 6:48).
- The power of Twitter and Twitter Chats to reach people personally and professionally (starting at 7:50).
- Look to other industries for examples you can model (starting at 10:20).
- Re-purposing your content (starting at 11:10).
- Melinda's tips for creating a Twitter chat as a peer-to-peer mentoring mechanism (starting at 13:15).
- Melinda's take on a bright future for women entrepreneurs (starting at 15:29).
- What we need need to do to prepare ourselves and others for success in the coming years (starting at 17:15).
- How to invest in yourself (starting at 20:00).
- Melinda defines wealth (starting at 22:38).
- The importance of building processes and systems (starting at 23:38).
- How to manage your business when so much of it hinges on your personal brand (starting at 24:36).
- Melinda's favorite productivity tools (starting at 26:17).
- Social media management: Sprout Social
- Content saver: Pocket app
- Work break scheduler and reminder: Coffee break app
- Book: Become Your Own Boss in Twelve Months, by Melinda Emerson
Season 2, Episode 10: Resources in this Episode
Connect with Melinda at Small Biz Lady
Check out Small Biz Lady at her website, and on Facebook, and Twitter.
Your Feedback Please!
If you have an idea for an Indie Business Podcast episode topic or guest, send your feedback through our Contact Page.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Indie Business Podcast, please subscribe and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out!
Thanks for listening to Indie Business Podcast, and for allowing our show to be a part of your life!