Blogging has enhanced my life in numerous ways. I love sharing my ideas and experiences at the same time as I chronicle my growth as a woman and a business leader. But even more than that, this blog is a great way to meet and connect with the wonderful people (you!!) who take time from their busy schedules to read my posts and share their thoughts and ideas.
This is a list of what I call “The Best of Indie Business 2009.” It's compiled based on the posts that generated the largest number of comments, links and retweets, and in one case, a post I just like a lot. As I prepare to celebrate 10 years in business (and almost that long as a blogger), I want to thank you for allowing me to interact with you here and at your blogs in 2009. I look forward to even more in 2010!
- Blog vs. FaceBook Page: Do You Need Both?: This post contains very important points to consider when deciding how to invest in your brand online. A blog and a FaceBook Fan Page are vital for all business owners, but one delivers far more long term business and brand building power than the other. Find out which one it is, and why, and get some great tips on making the most of your online persona.
- 3 Reasons Why I Still Publish An Email Newsletter: With so many people saying that email is dead, I want everyone to know that an email newsletter remains one of the most efficient and cost effective ways to build your brand and expand your sphere of influence. I'm starting my 10th year of email newsletter publication, so take it from me. Don't change your email strategy without first reading this article!!
- Bliss, Diss and Kiss: Reflections On Marriage On My 9th Wedding Anniversary: A refreshingly honest glimpse into my life, with refresingly honest comments from lots of refreshingly honest people!
- Top 10 Ways For Small Business Owners To Use Twitter Lists: Lots of people hated Twitter lists from the beginning, but not me. I saw the potential the day they were announced, so I stopped everything to write this post within 24 hours of Twitter making lists available to everyone. Twitter lists are one of the most powerful ways to build your business. They are easy to use too, which makes it even better. This post is great because you can choose any one of the 10 ways I suggest, and you'll benefit no matter what.
- 10 Actions To Increase Your Twitter Influence: One small business owner I know compared the act of Tweeting to reading poetry in the middle of Grand Central Station. Not a bad analogy!! Let's face it, there are too many people on Twitter to think that you can or should reach all of them. You can't reach every one on Twitter, but you can reach every one who matters. This post will help you do that.
- How Blogging Has Enhanced My Life: Many people think blogging is all about search engines, inbound links and making money. While the money you can make from your blog is great, the personal benefits a small business owner enjoys as a result of blogging far outweigh the financial ones. If you think blogging is all about money, this post will cause you to think again.
- The Art Of Empowering Yourself: While life does throw curve balls, the truth is that sometimes, we lose out simply because we choose not to empower ourselves. This post, and the comments that go along with it, will help you rediscover the confidence and accountability you need to take control of your success in a whole new way.
- Never Waste Your Time At Bat: I take absolutely no credit for this post. It's one of my favorites.
- 3 People Who Will Destroy Your Business: The bad news is that they are closer to you than you think. The good news is that you have complete control over them. (This post is from 2008, but since I didn't have a “Best Of” last year, it's fair game, don't you think?)
- 3-Step Cure For Entrepreneur's ADD: Are we distracted today or what?! Honestly, it's all I can do sometimes to resist being drawn into the black hole that is the Internet. Here are some of the things I do to remain focused on my highest priorities.
Question: Well, what do you think? One of the joys of my life is sharing from my heart, and this is one of the places where I do that most. Feel free to tell your friends if you find something useful here. You can retweet your favorite post, or post it to your FaceBook page, using the links at the top of each post. I'd love to know what you think.