It is critical that you operate your business according to a set of specific core values. Your brand's core values form the foundation upon which you lead yourself, your team, and your business. Core values reflect why your business exists, what it stands for, and the principles you holds dear. This article shares IBN's core values, welcomes your comments and feedback, and encourages you to contemplate and reflect upon the core values in your business.
Every IBN team member keeps IBN's core values in mind as we serve IBN members. We are not perfect, but we strive to accurately and consistently reflect our core values in all we do and say.
Indie Business Network Core Values
This is the first in a series of articles highlighting IBN's eight core values. We'll publish an in-depth look at each core value over the course of the next few weeks. In the meantime, here they are in one place.
- Passionate Service – We are leaders, and as such, we are here to serve. We do not treat our members like they are doing us a favor. We treat them like it is a pleasure and an honor to serve them. We are privileged to be in their midst, and serving them well is at the core of everything we do.
- Complete Clarity – IBN is not right for everyone. IBN is not trying to be all things to all people. We make it crystal clear that we serve American Makers and Artisan Entrepreneurs. If that is not you, we honor you. But we do not serve you. We shine brightly for all, but we do not diffuse our efforts across multiple disciplines. We serve one type of entrepreneur to the exclusion of all others.
- Fierce Creativity – Creativity produces the innovative ideas that lead to business success. We aim to stimulate and inspire creative thought and action. We put our energies to work in ways that literally invent and design the future. We believe our work supports and enhances entrepreneurial creativity so that every small business owner can thrive and grow.
- Impeccable Integrity – Our hearts are pure for the good of our members. We make mistakes, and when we do, our goal is to correct them quickly. We invite you to let us know when we mess up, and give us an opportunity to correct our error.
- Total Responsibility – We take total and complete responsibility for the results we produce. We stand firmly behind our work and the products and services we offer. If something does not work out, we do not look outside of ourselves to discover the reason. We are constantly asking ourselves what we can do better so we can produce better results.
- Continuous Growth – We do not rest on our laurels. We are not happy with the status quo. We are not comfortable. We continuously seek to become better versions of ourselves. Our progress is continuous and forward focused. As we grow, our members grow.
- Radical Self-Care – Self-care is not optional. IBN supports a healthy work environment that includes paying fair wages. We also encourage team members to take adequate personal and holiday time, and get the sleep, rest and physical movement they need to live a healthful and joy-filled life. Our work environment supports the entire person — inside and out.
I invite you to join us in embracing our core values. Do hold us accountable to live up to them.
Feedback and Share
What do you think of IBN's core values? Do any of them resonate with you in a particular way? How do you see IBN reflecting these core values on a regular basis? Where can we improve?
Share your comments, questions, and feedback below.
When we are not serving our members, we're learning everything we can about the power of entrepreneurship to transform the lives of American Makers and Artisan entrepreneurs. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter at this link to learn and grow along with us.