Welcome to Episode 46 of the Indie Business Podcast! This episode marks a bit of a milestone: it's the first ever in which I am not interviewing a guest. I am not changing the things permanently. I will continue to bring you the best inspirational stories of Makers around the nation, but I am changing things up a bit this week to celebrate Independence Day 2016.
In this episode, which is much shorter than other episodes, I am stepping away from my usual Maker interview format to bring you a timely message that celebrates the spirit of the American independent business owner — the Indie Business owner — the type of business I was inspired to serve nearly 17 years ago when I launched the Indie Business Network.
I am frequently asked to share the story of how I started the Indie Business Network. It has got a few twists and turns to it, so I am going to save the details for another day. For now, I will simply share a bit of the personal mindset I embraced before IBN was born.
The actual occurrences that make up the IBN's story mean little unless they are viewed through the lens of the founder's (me) personal life philosophy. The same things that happened to me before IBN started could have happened to someone else, and their response would have been different. Mine was what it was because of who I am. This podcast reveals more of that than ever before.
Enjoy a bit about my philosophy of life NOW!
Listen to the Audio
Episode Show Notes: My life philosophy
Donna Maria, Indie Business Network
- I believe I am called to do specific things in my life journey. (starting at 2:54)
- It's my chief responsibility to discover my callings, with an ‘s' on the end. (starting at 3:28)
- I must not allow any person to keep me from doing what I feel called to do. (starting at 4:11)
Episode Show Notes: What INDIE Stands For
- Independence … from mainstream ideas about the meaning of success …(starting at 5:02)
- Newsworthy … and able to serve as an effective media outlet for your own brand (starting at 7:50)
- Destiny … is paramount (starting at 8:59)
- Income … is integral to Indie Business Network members(starting at 10:06)
- Equity … ownership distinguishes Indies from businesses that have given up control of their business to third parties (starting at 11:11)
- Celebration of the blessing of life in America … (starting at 12:17)
Binge on all Episodes of the Indie Business Podcast
If you want to listen to previous episodes, you can find them here.
Ask Me A Question
From time to time, I can answer your most pressing questions about life, business, and success as part of the Indie Business Podcast. If you have a question for my podcast, ask it here. If I use your question on an episode, I will link to your site as I provide complimentary advice to help you use your business to Break All The Rules, Build Your Own Corporate Ladder, and Create the life you love.
Subscribe to Indie Business Podcast
Rate Indie Business Podcast, Tell Your Friends and Comment
If you enjoy the Indie Business Podcast, please rate my show on iTunes, and be sure to subscribe there to receive automatic episodes as they are released.