On this past Monday, I hosted the return of #SmallBizRollCall, with special guest Paula Cattano of Surfz Up. As you can see from the video, #SmallBizRollCall is a great way to start the week on a positive note. On Monday, June 6, my guest co-host will be IBN member Sandi Garrett of Harmony Bath & Body in Alabama — maker of this gorgeous bar of Citrus Burst handmade soap.
Sandi is the president of the Alabama Soap & Candle Association and she is hosting the 13th annual Alabama Soap Meeting on June 10 and 11. Sandi will be on hand to share how much fun she and conference attendees expect to have at the event. We'll also discuss new small business news and share your successes for those week and plans for the next week. Plus you'll be able to enter to win some of Sandi's soap, and chat live with other small business owners as we start the week off celebrating the joy of small business ownership. Here are the details for how to join #SmallBizRollCall so you don't miss all the fun!
Things may look a bit different from browser to browser, but it's pretty easy and basic stuff. Simply login into FaceBook (click here to Sign Up if you don't yet have an account), and at 11:00am EST, follow these simple instructions to join the LIVE video event!
- Go to the INDIE FaceBook Page. Click here to go to the INDIE FaceBook Page. If you are already a LIKEr, you will be taken to the Wall. If you are not a LIKEr, you will see this screen.
Click LIKE, then go to Step 2.
- Click the Ustream Live tab. Once you LIKE the Page, look to the left under my picture, and click on UStream Live. It looks like this.
- Switch to regular connection (http)? When you see this screen,
click Continue. If you don't see this screen, just go to the next step.
- You're in. You should see the live video stream. It should look something like this, with the video to the left and the social chat stream to the right.
If you do not see a screen that looks like this, repeat Steps 2 and following until you see the player. You may have to click a player arrow over my face to start viewing the live video.
- Pump up the volume. Turn the volume up on your computer so you can hear me and the special guest through your computer. If your computer does not have audio, you can follow along and participate via the social chat.
As you use the chat, note that you can check or uncheck Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace, and other options if you want to push your comments through to those spaces where you have pages. To do this, you'll need to enable the app to access those pages. You don't have to share the fun, but it will be a lot more exciting for everyone if you do so by checking Twitter and FaceBook so others can see where you are and join us!
- Use the social chat. When you use the chat, keep in mind that posts are limited to 140 characters. Please use #SmallBizRollCall in your Tweets so we can create a robust Twitter hashtag and use the vent to increase your Twitter following as you have fun.
Note that you must pause about 30 seconds between updates. I'm sure this is to prevent spammers from taking over the chat stream. There is also a delay between the audio you will hear and the video you will see. You'll get used to this quickly.
Spread the Word!!
The more people who pariticpate, the more fun everyone will have. Please share the news by Tweeting this blog post using the options below.
Once we conclude #SmallBizRollCall, visit the #SmallBizRollCall hashtag page so you can follow everyone who participated on Twitter. Follow the new people you met so you can increase your sphere of influence on Twitter too.
I Look Forward To Seeing You!
I can't wait to see you Monday, June 6, 2011 at 11:00am EST.
By the way — Prizes …
Prizes will be awarded to people who are the first to post the answer to questions about small business, so feel free to brush up on your small business trivia!
If you have questions about how to join, please post them in the Disqus or FaceBook comment area below.
Does this sound like fun? Will you join us?!