Yesterday, I interviewed Alfred Edmond, Jr., the Senior Vice President and Editor-At-Large of Black Enterprise Magazine. Alfred and I have Tweeted each other on occasion since our paths first crossed when this blog was recognized as one of the Black Blogosphere's Best. Alfred's team invited me to interview him about issues facing entrepreneurs today. I jumped at the chance — you know I did.
I jumped even higher when I was told that in exchange for the interview, I could win a trip to the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs' Conference in Chicago in May 2012 if I got the most comments on my post. (So you know what I'm going to ask you to do.) But first, I'm going to treat you to Alfred's special insights.
Enjoy the conversation, and then scroll to the bottom and leave a comment at the blog to help me win the trip! (Please do not leave a FaceBook comment as they do not count for my entry. Thanks for helping an Indie Sister out!)
- The “creative economy” (1:15)
- How small and micro-businesses can and should participate in the political process (2:26)
- How Alfred personally embraces new media and digital technology (relationships vs. transactions) (4:40)
- The importance of building your personal brand (6:39)
- Alfred's physical fitness advice (you are your most important asset!) (8:00)
Alfred and I discussed the following resources in this interview:
- Black Enterprise Entrepreneur's Conference register by March 31 and save $200!
- Alfred Edmond, Jr., on Twitter
- Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Dawn Fitch of Pooka Pure & Simple on Twitter
- The Indie Beauty Network
Help Me Win The Trip!
OK, Indies! I've never asked you to do this before. I've been saving the privilege up for something I really want, and this is it!
Won't you please leave a comment in the comment section (not the FaceBook section) so I can have a good chance to win a trip to the Black Enterprise Entrepreneur's Conference. I promise I'll blog stuff you'll enjoy every day I'm there, and I'll bring you some fun videos and interviews to help you grow your business.
Please comment about anything Alfred shared: social media, health and fitness, personal branding, the creative economy …
I appreciate it! (I have also posted this super interview at Indie Social, so you can watch and leave a comment there too!)
Question: What in my interview with Alfred resonated the most with you?