I ran a mile 3.01 miles yesterday. From what I hear today, that's almost a 5K, but I didn't even think about that yesterday. Some people tell me that a 5K is 3.1 miles. Others say it's 3.2 miles. I'll have to look it up. Either way, I ran my first 5K today when I put in 3.63 miles before 9:00am. When I was done, my pedometer read 9,520! I preserved the moment in this photo.
I feel amazing and quite invincible this morning. Of course I know I'm not invincible, but I sure feel that way. And it's a good thing too, because an effective business leader must feel invincible to a certain extent. Otherwise, how will she pursue goals that to the outside world seem impossible? Feeling invincible does not make me invincible, but it does foster the courage and fortitude I need to make business happen day after day, month after month, year after year. Here are this morning's stats:
- Weather. 58°F and overcast
- Location. Siskey YMCA outdoor track
- Distance. 3.63 miles This is a 5K! (applause please) And I nearly ran one yesterday without even thinking about. (more applause please)
- Calories. 333
- Start Time. 7:56am
- Run Time. 57:55
- Average Pace. 15:58 minutes per mile
- Playlist. Just my footsteps and my mind sifting through blog post ideas, plus feeling my body become healthier and more fit with every step. Best playlist I know of!
Condition. Is “awesomest” a word?
Question: What makes you feel invincible?