In my last Throwback Thursday, I shared a bit of the background leading up to the publication of my first book, Making Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions. Today, it's all about our very first newsletter. Here's a screen shot.
You can read the first issue online at our old website here. So plain, so colorless. But it worked, and people liked it. Getting into the habit of publishing every week became easier and easier. Back then, in 2000, every single sale I made could be traced directly back to the newsletter.
Things are a different now that we have blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Google Plus, etc., but newsletter is still one of most reliable, efficient, and cost effective ways to welcome new prospects and expand your sphere of influence. Here are few posts you will enjoy about the importance of maintaining a newsletter:
- How to Generate Sales With Your Email Newsletter
- Four Ways Your Email Newsletter Can Drive Traffic To Your Blog
- Three Reasons Why I Still Publish An Email Newsletter
It's fun to look back 14 years to January 16, 2000, and see how it all started. I didn't know the first thing about newsletter publishing back then. I just figured it out as I went along. The first and most important thing I did was take the first step. If you haven't begun to publish a newsletter, that's all you need to do as well.
I know you can!
1. If you have a newsletter, tell me about it. How can I subscribe?
2. If you don't have a newsletter (and you have a business), what are you waiting for? What is holding you back? Are you using something that works better for you?
3. What are your favorite email newsletters?