If you missed last week's #SmallBizRollCall, catch it here. Today's #SmallBizRollCall features my co-host, IBN member Lela Barker of Bella Lucce in Columbia, South Carolina, where she makes “globally inspired beauty” products. In our recorded show, beginning at 1:58, Lela shares a bit about her inspiration and why she started the company.
Thanks to everyone who joined, especially Susan Mann, winner of a jar of Bella Lucces's decadent Manuka Honey Drizzle, for answering our small business trivia question correctly and first. Here are some of the links and information shared during the live broadcast. Time stamps are included to make it easy for you to scroll to what interests you most.
- Small business trivia question. What IBN member placed second in this year's StartUp Nation Moms In Business contest? Answer: Liana Spiegel of Marmalade Hills in Michigan is the answer, and Susan Mann of Manor Hall Soap answered correctly first. She won a big fat far of Bella Lucce Manuka Honey Drizzle. Congratulate Liana at the INDIE FaceBook Page.
- On perseverance. We heard first-hand about Lela's inspiration for her non-profit, From Morocco With Love. At 6:35, Lela shares her take on the importance of perseverance.
- About From Morocco With Love. We heard first-hand about Lela's inspiration for her non-profit, From Morocco With Love. She says it is a great way to connect her customer base to something larger than beauty products, to further enhance Bella Lucce's brand identity, and do some good in the world. Lela calls it “kismet.” Watch the video beginning at 8:50 to learn more.
- Lela's words of encouragement, via her favorite author, Alice Walker:
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.
Starting at 14:33, Lela shares that living each day with open arms and loving hearts, not expecting anything, but being pleasantly surprised at what we find, is a great way to live. I agree, don't you?!
- What about IBN? Since I asked, starting at 15:18, Lela was kind enough to share her impressions of the INDIE Beauty Network, of which she's been a member since 2005. Thanks for the kind words, Lela.
Want some Manuka Honey Drizzle of your own? Get some at Lela's website!
Thanks to these additional people who joined and Tweeted #SmallBizRollCall live: La Shonda Tyree, Rhonda Hodge, Dawn Fitch and more! I can't see the chat while I'm hosting live, so if I missed you, leave a comment below and let us know you were there!
#SmallBizRollCall is recorded LIVE each week from 11:00am EST to 11:15am EST (or a tad bit longer if we're having too much fun) at the INDIE FaceBook Page. See you next week, June 20 at 11:00am EST right here.
Question: Want to co-host #SmallBizRollCall with me, and get your brand showcased in front of thousands while also having fun? Tell me Your Story, and I'll be in touch with the details if there's a good match for my audience!