Our September 2022 Indie Business Book Club selection is To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Daniel H. Pink. At its core, this book is a reminder that we all spend a considerable amount of time and energy trying to convince others to do what we want them to do.
• You may want someone to view your Instagram Reel
• You may want your child to eat all of her vegetables
• You may want to be selected for a coveted spot at a popular farmer's market
• You may want the editor of a magazine to select your product for feature
You get the idea. So, while you may not always be actually selling a thing, you are frequently investing energy trying to influence people to take some kind of action. This book is designed to help you understand that selling is a perfectly normal state of human being, and that it's not as scary as we sometimes make it out to be.
What you'll learn …
In addition to enjoying a fresh and affirming entrepreneurial perspective, here are some of the things you'll learn by reading this book with us:
- a fresh look at the art and science of selling, in layman's terms
- why extroverts don't make the best salespeople
- how influencing others is more about acknowledging their freedom of choice than it is about convincing them to do what you want them to do
- ways to make your message clearer and more persuasive
- … and so much more!
The reading plan progresses in our private Entrepreneur Members Facebook Group. We will share and discuss valuable takeaways in our weekly Coffee with Donna Maria meetings on Mondays at 12:30pm ET | 9:30am PT.
The link to join Coffee with Donna Maria live will be in your Monday morning member update, and posted in the Facebook Group.
The graphic below displays our easy reading schedule.
About Daniel H. Pink
Daniel H. Pink is the author of five New York Times bestsellers, including The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward, Drive, When, and A Whole New Mind. Dan’s books have won multiple awards, have been translated into 42 languages, and have sold millions of copies around the world. He lives in Washington, DC, with his family.
Buy To Sell is Human
Of course, you can also purchase the book at your favorite local book store or check it out of your local library.
Are you ready? Let's do it.
If you're not familiar with the Indie Business Book Club, you can click here for more information.
If you're a member of the Indie Business Network, make sure to join us in our private Entrepreneur Members Facebook group to get started.
If you're not an IBN member, what are you waiting for? Join now and enjoy the book club and tons of other benefits to help you and your business become better every day.