Today, I received a notice to renew my subscription to O, the Oprah Magazine. Inside, there was a post card about the O Tote I'll receive as my bonus gift when I renew. While I don't consider Oprah an authority on how I live my life, I can see that she's an authority on how to lives hers, and that inspires me.
When so many people are looking to others for direction, it's refreshing to watch a woman take the bull by the horns and make things happen for herself (and others) on a regular basis. I'm renewing my subscription (for $1 an issue, as you can see), and while I'm at it, I thought I'd share Oprah's list of the 10 things she says she knows for sure. I think I agree with all of them and wonder if you do as well.
- What you put out comes back, all the time, no matter what. (She says this is her creed.)
- You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
- Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
- When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
- Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
- What you believe has more power than what you dream, wish, or hope for. You become what you believe.
- If only prayer you ever say is “thank you,” that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
- The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
- Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
- If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
I'm not getting paid for this. The link in the graphic to subscribe to the magazine is not an affiliate link. I just thought it was a good list, and wondered what you thought. I figured since I'm reprinting her list, Oprah might appreciate it if I gave you the link to subscribe to her magazine while I'm at it.
Question: Do you subscribe to O, the Oprah Magazine? What do you think of what Oprah says she knows for sure?