The 10 Commitments of 2008
The "I Am Indie Business" Pledge empowers you by changing the paradigm through which you view the connections between family, home, wealth and business. They are the commitments that I and my family made that helped us reach our goal of successfully managing home and business, without compromising either.
Is 2008 your year to take the pledge?
1. I will use my God-given talents and gifts to provide valuable products and services, and sell them at a fair profit to a specifically defined customer base.
2. I will spend conservatively and invest wisely so I can use my business as a wealth building tool.
3. I will proactively manage my business by minimizing the use of credit and maintaining independence from control by any third parties.
4. I will use technology to maximize the earning potential of my business.
5. I will commit to investing a portion of my profits in retirement accounts and college savings plans for my children and/or young family members.
6. I will positively impact my family legacy by empowering my children and other family members to use their talents and gifts to generate income so they need not be solely dependent on a traditional job to secure their future.
7. I will actively support and encouarge other families to start and manage profitable businesses so they can enjoy the freedom and flexibility that comes with owning your own business.
8. I will develop relationships with business colleagues and the media in order to spread the word about the benefits of my products and services.
9. I will serve my customers with integrity, dignity, fairness and honesty, and when I make a mistake, I will admit it and make it right as quickly as possible.
10. I will give of my time, talent and money to help strengthen my community and make the world a better place.
By taking this pledge, I express my commitment to use my Indie Business and all of the resources at my disposal to affect positive and inter-generational change in my life and in the lives of my children, my family, my friends, my community and my world.
What About You?
Did you take the Pledge? If so, I am looking to feature people like you on Indie Business Radio so if you leave me a comment and a link to your site, I'll contact you about the possibility of being a guest.